Rom file is incompatible with this BIOS

BobMcSmith

Honorable
Feb 28, 2017
Hello! I need a BIOS update for a CPU of a computer I have, and when I try to flash the BIOS, I just get the message, "Rom file is incompatible with this BIOS". The CPU is the i5 650, and the motherboard is the ASUS P7P55-H. I have tried a couple of different BIOS versions, but no luck.
Thanks for the help!

Solution

I think what you mean is you want a newer bios so you can upgrade to newer CPU.? I ran into exact same scene with same board wanting to upgrade the 0214 to anything newer so I could upgrade CPU. My problem was EzFlash was not installed on myP7H55-M when it was built. I went around and round with ASUS support they basically told me tuff that they do not hep with upgrades. . If you have EzFlash you can get it to run just convert...

jason201

Prominent
Feb 20, 2018
First of, your terminology is very wrong (BIOS update for CPU??), you mean for the motherboard (as it doesn't make sense otherwise!)
Anyhow, BIOS updates should only be downloaded from the manufacturer site (and for the specific motherboard model)
If you've downloaded it from some 3rd party site, or for the wrong model, then this isn't surprising.
You should also always follow the instructions the manufacturer provides.
Anyways, why exactly do you need to update it if I may ask? The key role of BIOS updates is to add compatibility for newer CPUs, and enhance compatibility with various memory modules. If you have no valid reason to update the BIOS, then you shouldn't even attempt it (as there's a risk involved here, and you could potentially make the motherboard unusable if things go badly!)

BobMcSmith

Honorable
Feb 28, 2017

Sorry! I made a typo! The motherboard is actually the P7H55-M! Once again, sorry for the inconvenience!
:/

tomhorn1850

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

I think what you mean is you want a newer bios so you can upgrade to newer CPU.? I ran into exact same scene with same board wanting to upgrade the 0214 to anything newer so I could upgrade CPU. My problem was EzFlash was not installed on myP7H55-M when it was built. I went around and round with ASUS support they basically told me tuff that they do not hep with upgrades. . If you have EzFlash you can get it to run just convert it to ROM file from the zip off the Asoos site. That is the newest that board will run from my findings. I don't like it either but it is what we are stuck with. Asoos support is very lax and I was totally po'd at them. Never another product from Asus for me.

Solution