Question Rom files

Leigh_2

Honorable
Sep 14, 2015
Ok. I have bought some games at Walmart like PSP and others. So how do i open them up on the desktop and put them on a usb to play on the retroPie that i have on my Raspberry connected to my TV.

Last edited:

Leigh_2

Honorable
Sep 14, 2015
If you are referring to DOS-based, or windows-based, games...as far as I know you can't. That is not what RetroPi was designed to enable--ROM images only.

Additionally, it is understood that these images are legal for you to own and play. Don't ask for help with bootlegged ROM images.

#########################################

Allow me to clarify, because, in re-reading this, it sounds...wrong.

TO THE FORMER POINT, ABOVE:
If you have purchased DOS-based, or windows-based games on CD-ROM, or DVD media, you are entitled to play those games on the platforms for which they were designed, because you hold a license to use those games for your personal use.

Further, should you legitimately own DOS-based games, or legacy windows-based games, for which contemporary Operating System support does note exist, you are entitled by your license to use those programs, to use them on ANY PLATFORM--including emulator-based solutions--because you hold a license to use that software for your personal use.

The RetroPI platform that has been discussed, here, IS NOT DESIGNED, NOR INTENDED TO FACILITATE THE USE OF DOS-BASED, OR WINDOWS-BASED GAME PROGRAMS.

Simply put--it just won't work, so don't waste your time.

TO THE LATTER POINT, ABOVE:
There are ROM images which are legal for you to own and play on emulator platforms, and I assume that we have been discussing those types of ROM image files; thus, MY REMARKS ARE LIMITED TO THE LEGAL USE OF OPENLY LICENSED ROM IMAGES ALONE.

Should anyone desire assistance with what we have NOT been discussing (illegal ROM images), please do not raise the issue on the Tom's Hardware Forums, or in private messaging.

Further, DO NOT ASK FOR ASSISTANCE with obtaining them or installing for your use.

I will not advise or assist in the violation of copyright law, and the acceptable use policy of Tom's Hardware Forums sensibly forbids your use of the forum to that end.

Last edited: