Question Rookie NAS user - - - I've just setup but having issues uploading via QVideo & Video Station ?

awongkh

Prominent
Jul 7, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all doing well.

As the title says, I recently got a NAS (QNAP TS-231K w/ a 8T WD Red) for my family and we are currently working out all the main features we need for the time being (ie. backing up Photos, Video, and Documents).

Every feature from QNAP is going well. But the one issue we are having is Qvideo. Currently I cannot upload any videos to the NAS. Is there something I am missing? I was able to upload 2 videos successfuly as a test. But that was 7 seconds or less. Anything above it's unable to upload.

What I am seeing is via Qvideo, the video(s) are being processed, then at the end, there's a error message that says:
"Unable to Upload! Waiting for Retry."
And via Video Station, it just says they "Failed".

The videos aren't long either (25MB-300MB) so I am confused as to why I am encountering this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope you have a good day!

USAFRet

Titan
While I have a QNAP, I've not used the VideoStation or Qvideo.

But from what I'm reading, the Qvideo is just the iOS or android phone app to show the collection accessible in VideoStation.

Is this correct?

Possibly an issue with the format of the vids?

awongkh

Prominent
Jul 7, 2021
Yes that is correct for what Qvideo is. But that's the weird thing. All the videos I am uploading to both Qvideo and Video Station are all formatted as MP4; which is something that is supported. But once it's uploaded to 99%, it'll just fail.