Rosewill Magnetar vs Phanteks Enthoo Pro (And case questions in general)

subterminal303

Commendable
Oct 13, 2017
Hey folks,

I found a smoking deal on a Rosewill Magnetar case from NewEgg for $30. I can't find many reviews on it, but it has everything I need: optical drive bay, 3 fans, 2.5" SSD slot.

On the other hand, websites and word of mouth seem to recommend the Enthoo Pro, which is also on sale for $55 if I buy the acrylic glass mid tower version. I've continually heard that this is a great case, but how is it worth an extra $25?

I guess what I'm not understanding is what makes a 'cheap' case cheap. As long as a $30 case has ample space, sufficient airflow, and is sturdy, why should I consider something more expensive? I don't particularly care about aesthetics, liquid-cooling, etc. I won't be OC'ing or doing anything to cause extra heat. Is there a type of performance or concept that I don't know of?

Solution
Rosewill's cases are not of particularly great build quality. With the Enthoo Pro you'd be paying for more features, such as PSU shroud, more cable management options, and arguably better looks in this discussion.

If you don't mind the extra features, then just get whichever one is cheaper/looks better to you. Cases don't make a big enough difference in temperatures as long as the airflow is sufficient.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Rosewill's cases are not of particularly great build quality. With the Enthoo Pro you'd be paying for more features, such as PSU shroud, more cable management options, and arguably better looks in this discussion.

If you don't mind the extra features, then just get whichever one is cheaper/looks better to you. Cases don't make a big enough difference in temperatures as long as the airflow is sufficient.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS