[SOLVED] Rosewill SMG Series Information

FlyingTripod

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
Hey gang,

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this particular series from Rosewill. Most of my resources haven't yet updated with this series to know who the supplier is the for the platform and what brand capacitors they use to figure out if it's either just another one of their duds or the odd exception where it's actually really good. On paper it reads like it's fine (Fully modular Gold, 100% Japanese caps, lots of protections) but I try to avoid self-marketing to guide my decision.

Without putting much thought in to it I picked up a 750W model for $40 CAD still sealed from a bundle buyer on a local market and thinking about throwing it in a GTX 1070/10400 build I'll be putting together next week but figure it's best to reach out if anyone has info to share first.

Last edited:
Solution
Looks like High Power Performance GD / Super GD. Something similar to Chieftec Polaris :
No teardowns tho so it's unknown if component choices are actually any similar. But for 40$ i'd say it's fine and it's fine with this config.

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Looks like High Power Performance GD / Super GD. Something similar to Chieftec Polaris :
No teardowns tho so it's unknown if component choices are actually any similar. But for 40$ i'd say it's fine and it's fine with this config.

Solution