Rosewill Thor v2 Tower Fans sometimes not Spinning, Asus z68 mobo, corsair tx750 PSU

brutikusarov

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
As the title states, I am having troubles with the case fans of my Rosewill Thor V2 case. I am using a setup that I built awhile back (~8 years ago) which contains an Asus z68 mobo and Corsair TX750 PSU. Typically when I boot the computer up, my case fans will not spin. This is not always the case, as I sometimes get lucky and they will spin.

Things I have tried:
- Connected the fans to different heads from the PSU
- Using Speedfan to control the fans

Changing to different heads does not yield any difference. Speedfan can detect the fans, but I have not been able to use speedfan to turn them on; despite the settings, the fans stay at 0 RPM.

Sometimes while the computer is off, I can unplug/replug some of the fans to the PSU and then they will start working when I boot the computer back up. This is not always the case. Do I need a new PSU, or is there something else I can do?

Solution
they where plug in the controller and this one is not off could you try to plug one of the none led fan on the motherboard header and see if it will start with system .

brutikusarov

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

Nothing has changed with how the flans were plugged in since I first built this 8 years ago. The fans are properly plugged in to the fan headers. If you meant something else, let me know.