Rosewill's Blackhawk Ultra Gaming Case Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrockman

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
Newbie's question, triggered by the 2 power supplies thing: would it be possible to power a graphic card through a second power supply and then turning it on and off at-will, with the rest of the system on? Or would that fry something dead? (And why?)

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
my computer is in the room i sleep in, so yea... rather not have the big (expletive deleted) lights in my computer case, as it stands every electronic that i have, if i can put something over the lights. logitech z5500 pod, i have a sd reader with a hard plastic black car part sticker on it in front of the power switch i have another sticker on my case over the BRIGHT BLUE on led, and the hdd activity one, 6 layers of card stock over the ps3 on lights, and a sticker on my external hdd which is such a bright blue that at night it can light up my whole room.

hell i had to buy a new power supply recently, you have any idea how painfull it was to buy one that had led in it because it was the only one that best buy sold that i trusted and i needed it yesterday... tears of joy were shed when i found out that i could turn the leds off. on the bright side, it provides light to the back of my computer in stead of me needing a flashlight.

stonedatheist

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Probably great cooling, but ugh... so ugly! Worse than HAF series. NZXT and Corsair cases are much better. Is it so hard to design a good-looking case?![/citation]

Somebody has very high standards of case beauty. I'd say it looks rather nice.

subgum

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
I'm actually using the Rosewill Blackhawk right now, and this "Ultra" version looks exactly the same, but with red (instead of blue) lights, 1 more fan on the top, and the side panel has been replaced with all mesh instead of a window with fan/vent.

I clipped the front fan LEDs on mine because there were distracting, but overall it's been a really awesome case.

halcyon

Splendid
Hey, wait a minute...this is looking A LOT like a CM 690II. This could easily be a CM690III. :heink: Okay, how can I work a snide Apple remark into this? ...wait...wait...it's com'n...ahhh...

If Apple had a phone that was just a tweaked copy of an Android phone everyone's panties would be twisted, and maybe even soiled. Wait...you're...gonna...say... wait.... You're gonna say that Apple does copy Android and that's where the iPhones come from. ROFL.

Its a nice case though and I'm glad to see Rosewill improving their quality, even if they're not innovating.

[citation][nom]MattMock[/nom]@alidan I tape pennies over all the leds in my bedroom.[/citation]
I dont know about wasting pennies, but electrical tape goes over everything I have.
I do have 1 fan with LEDs on the bottom panel of my case. It gives a nice glow effect so I know that it is on (because my case is currently silent), but I can turn the light off if I need to. But lights and noise are just not to be tolerated in my house... a glorious ideal that will be shattered as my son gets older.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Probably not, but definitely new to me. Who cares? I hate the looks of ALL their cases... and their brand name is retarded.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Troll'n again? :D

No way, CM690II looks way better than this POS!

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]Troll'n again? No way, CM690II looks way better than this POS![/citation]
Good morn'n from the Eastern US, Bro. Yeah, a little troll'n gets the blood mov'n. I'd have to see this Rosewill "copy" up close to see the build quality compared to the CM690II...but do you not see the similarities in the layout?

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Rosewill is definitely stepping up the game. Its nice to see what they have done. My next case my be one of theres. They used to be cheap crappy cases but this one shows some definite promise for some high end all internal case builds. Lot of space to do some cool shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS