Roto Tackles Locomotion In VR With Motorized Chair, Pre-Orders Open Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

precursors

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Wow, that's a great price! Considering empty TB3 connected graphics card enclosures go for $499 these days...*cough*razer core*cough*

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
My first thought was "no way". But it's actually cheaper than my ergo chair, so I could see it for someone who does a lot of VR gaming.

If I were in the market for it, my concerns would be comfort (can I use it as my main chair? or just for VR?) and the jerkiness of the motion.

f-14

Distinguished
HAHAHAHA those pneumatic posts tend to break off easily due to the cheap solder crimp job done to secure them to the base. alot of people are going to get hurt and sue for millions due to just that flar alone. i can also see alot f people getting hurt when the arm rests break off also.
thirdly, cheap plastic parts....ya we all know and love how durable most of our plastic stuff is, no doubt these parts are made by bag of rice pay per day laborers aka made in china also. made in china is a stamp of quality all in itself, the lowest mark of quality ever.

G

What's the weight limit on those things? I'm going to go on a limb our here and assume half of early VR adopter are 300+ lbs guys.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yeah, I was thinking I should've added a caveat on build quality. For such a low price, it's easy to imagine this being an issue.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I would be concerned with wear and tear at the base, if its constructed well it could be pretty cool, but I'm not sure I would invest in the first generation of this tech. There will likely be some lessons learned in the first go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.