Question Round PCI-E Riser Cable?

Jul 12, 2019
Hello,

Does anyone know if there exists a round PCI-E riser cable? I've tried to find one but I can only find flat ribbon cables. Is there a reason they're all like this?

I'm planning a new build and a cable with a round profile would make routing/cable managment easier.

Thanks in advance.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Is there a reason they're all like this?

Well, yes.

PCI-E riser cable?

PCIe starts long and flat, and terminated long & flat, so just continuing a flat makes the most sense. I'm not even sure how you could get it into a round cable that didn't end up having to be ridiculously thick.

What is it you're trying to achieve? Is this PCIe riser to be used to vertically mount a GPU? Or something else?
If a vertical mount, the GPU itself should hide the cable?

Jul 12, 2019
I'm planning something like this:
Recoil-P-Overclock.net_-1024x707.jpeg

A flat cable works fine with one GPU but I will have at least two. It makes cable management a bit tricky.

It's not a huge problem though. I haven't finished working everything out yet so I'm sure I can find a way around it. I was just curious really.

Thanks for your reply.

Sep 25, 2020
I'm planning something like this:
Recoil-P-Overclock.net_-1024x707.jpeg

A flat cable works fine with one GPU but I will have at least two. It makes cable management a bit tricky.

It's not a huge problem though. I haven't finished working everything out yet so I'm sure I can find a way around it. I was just curious really.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi rsuleyman,

Have you figured out if round PCI-E x16 cables exist? I'm facing a similar issue you had, and I couldn't find anything useful so far. Physically it is possible to fit 2 flat riser cables, but they would be an eyesore to look at.