Rounding Up Preorder Offers For Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
The Galaxy 6 and 6 edge no longer have a microSD card slot in them. That makes it a "No thank you. I prefer innovation over backwards thinking" decision for me.

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Verizon has Galaxy 6 Edge for $250, $50 more than Galaxy 6. So instead i went with HTC M9, they said it will ship out April 9th or 10th.

I had Galaxy S5, i was very disappointed, so much so i actually got iPhone 6. People kept raving about Galaxy 5 camera but it was horrible, now iPhone had a great camera...........the rest of the phone i just did not care that much.

Jayson Morrow

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
The SD card number s not a big issues I think. I have a s4 16gb with a 32gb SD... I can't use it the same way as the local storage. I can move stuff to it but the icons are always broken and I have to reinstall sometimes and hen move after a update for the app

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

It depends on the user. When I had gotten my Note 2 when they came out, I had chose it over an iPhone 5 (which my wife has) strictly on the fact I could add an SD Card to it. I currently have a 64GB card in there now that is mostly full with my own personal music. I don't have LAN access at work for the phone and streaming completely eats up my data plan. For them to remove a feature like that, it makes the device worse than what I currently have for my needs.

sinnerhp

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
The SD card number s not a big issues I think. I have a s4 16gb with a 32gb SD... I can't use it the same way as the local storage. I can move stuff to it but the icons are always broken and I have to reinstall sometimes and hen move after a update for the app

It's rumored that there will be 2 more S6 versions. the S6 Active (with MicroSD) and S6 DUO for dual sim cards (assuming for world-band?). So hold tight, I wouldn't be surprised to see these on the market by September.

jpdevers

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Is this supposed to be a professional article? Photos of the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge exist, so why do you have a picture of a "concept device" in the article? That looks nothing like the actual product. Did you actually do any research? Why did you list full retail cost for T-Mobile but not AT&T or Verizon? Most of their customers will purchase the phone on installments, so it would be nice to know what the full retail price is for those companies. (32GB S6 599.99 on Verizon and 684.99 on AT&T by the way). Also, how does that make T-Mobile more expensive? Seriously, did you actually do ANY research?

MumblinBerk

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
No SD card, no replaceable battery, wow. Someone is seriously out of touch at Samsung. How could they not know (or read) 2 big reasons people avoid Apple? Way to shoot yourself in the wallet, Samsung. I'll sit on the S5 until a better product catches my eye.

sanyatthw

Reputable
Apr 2, 2015
I don't think an expansion slot matter these days in contrast to what most reviewers register in their articles. I think, they want to capture some negative for the sake of it because another review clearly lists those as negative and they want to follow suit.
In the age of Cloud storage and miniature usb storage devices (OTG) you still expand the storage. You can always carry all your music and books in those usb storage and plug it in via the micro usb and start using.

Chris Dragon

Reputable
Apr 2, 2015
The chart is wrong for Verizon for the Edge it is off by $100 for each iteration. Also a commenter Larry Littmanen said it was $250 when the 32 GB starts at $299 on the website. Am I missing something? I would LOVE to get the S6 Edge at those prices.

I preordered a galaxy S6 on ATT, it's expected to ship out on April 8th.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
All I can say is that after seeing unveiling of S6 I went and bought 2 Note 4s... I guess Samsung still gets my money, but at least it is not for S6.

If they wanted to mess around with "premium" materials they should have released it under their Galaxy "Alpha" line of phones. It was after-all, the main point of Alphas'.

Replaceable batteries and SD cards are a HUGE benefits. I constantly fill them up with pictures/videos and documents for work. Batteries obviously go fast too with such usage and need to be swapped-out fast. If you want to use your phone like a smartphone/mini-computer for at least 1/4 of the day these things are must for me. If you don't use them, good for you, but then why try to convince and tell they are unnecessary to those that do?

All Galaxy line phones had these features up to this point... I just think Samsung is getting greedy and cheap.

Very disappointing with this move... besides 64GB(bear minimum for a phone like this) $399 pricing and a 2 year draconian contract is insane.

Takasis007

Honorable
Feb 3, 2015
Without providing the actual cost of the Rate plans involved in this information. It is very misleading. IF you go to each of the vendors websites their basic Unlimited Talk Test and Web plans end up being substantially more expensive over that same 2 year time frame. Kiss your cheap phone pricing goodbye. Getting a portion of an equation and expecting to make an educated purchase is all bad. Please provide basic equivalent plan pricing. There is a reason that some phones are more expensive. Oh maybe because you are going to spend $700+ over the 24 months of your contract.

As to it being a bad idea, let us look at Sprints offering 32gb 0$ sounds like a deal right... Well their basic offering is $80 for Unlimited Talk Text and Web. *Note the disclaimer on the web (On the Sprint network) So is that unlimited or not?? Anyhow 80*24 = $1920 T-Mobile Simple choice $50 (1GB with a speed reduction at 1gb but no overage) Unlimeted talk text and web 24*50= $1200 wow look at that you just had a 720$ difference, oh and thank you for the 120$ Netflix.

I am just saying, look at the plans, what they actually cost before you decide on the pricing. Just listing the cost of the device is misleading. Look into Verizon and the other carriers. Take the cost of the phone, the cost of the required data (Some carriers require larger plans) and base your decision from there. Not a single carrier has free High end Smartphones. There is smoke and mirrors just to get you to think they are. The best way i can think if is go through the motions and don't click okay at the end. Take your monthly MRC (Monthly Recurring Charges), financing for the device if there is any and do the math. You will save your self a lot of money in the long run.

Michael Cohen

Reputable
May 23, 2015
I will not buy a phone without Micro SD and removable batteries. If Samsung fails to put this in newer phones they will loose Market Share. Too bad, my S4 I537 is an excellent product. Too bad, I wonder what they were thinking. Consumer reports should rate them worse than the older models but there is no direct way to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS