Mar 20, 2022
Trying to get better connectivity on the front end of my house. Currently have Modem>router>router but am getting about 100 less mbps up front at the 2nd router. Is it possible to go modem>router>switch>router? This would put everything up front hardwired to the switch, and the 2nd router just running wifi for front house devices.

Solution
Trying to get better connectivity on the front end of my house. Currently have Modem>router>router but am getting about 100 less mbps up front at the 2nd router. Is it possible to go modem>router>switch>router? This would put everything up front hardwired to the switch, and the 2nd router just running wifi for front house devices.
Sure. The first router already has a 4 port switch. If you need more ports, then use a single link from the first router to a larger 8 or more port switch.

kanewolf

Titan
Sure. The first router already has a 4 port switch. If you need more ports, then use a single link from the first router to a larger 8 or more port switch.

Solution