[SOLVED] Router assigning incorrect IP addresses (192.168.0.xxx vs 192.168.1.xxx)

May 1, 2021
My router has started assigning 192.168.0.xxx addresses instead of 192.168.1.xxx

An example of what it does:
I rebooted the router (wired connection) and it assigned my office computer (wired connection) a 192.168.0.xxx address, even though it has a DHCP reservation for 192.168.1.190. ipconfig release and renew will bring it back to the correct IP.

EVERY device is being treated the same way. Computers, tablets, TV, Android, i-phone, the thermostat, etc... it's definitely something with the router itself.
I've had to assign a DHCP reservation for everything I want to connect

It seems to be assigning ipv6 addresses ok, fwiw. Had a laptop that had no connection on ipv4 but was connected on ipv6, so I could actually see part of the internet.

Linksys WRT1900ASC router
Start IP is 192.168.1.100
Router's IP is 192.168.1.1
DHCP is turned on
Running the latest firmware, which is from 2018. I tried the ~5 yr old previous version and got the same behaviour.
I haven't changed settings in the router in a very long time.

Thanks for any help!
Dave

Solution
Are you sure it is that router assigning the IP.

Most consumer routers are pretty stupid. They generally will not even let you configure a dhcp range different than the main lan subnet. I assume the lan IP is still 192.168.1.1 ?

Maybe try to turn off the dhcp server and see what happens. I suspect you have another device on your network with a dhcp server function.
Are you sure it is that router assigning the IP.

Most consumer routers are pretty stupid. They generally will not even let you configure a dhcp range different than the main lan subnet. I assume the lan IP is still 192.168.1.1 ?

Maybe try to turn off the dhcp server and see what happens. I suspect you have another device on your network with a dhcp server function.

Solution
May 1, 2021
I suppose I was making the assumption that it's the router, so no, I'm not absolutely certain.

What the heck else on my network could have the DHCP server function, and how would I go about finding it?

May 1, 2021
I tried connecting to wifi from one of the laptops in the house.
It received an IP of 192.168.0.90 (or whatever) and ipconfig /all revealed a DHCP server of 192.168.0.50

Disabled the DHCP in the router as suggested. Ended up with a 192.168.0.xxx IP on my hardwired office computer. Went to 192.168.0.50 and low & behold, it was the D-Link DAP-1325 that I have upstairs which had been configured as an access point. Unplugged it and all seems normal again.

Thanks!!