Question Router can be pinged, but the given IP address cant be reached - "router denies connection"

Sep 25, 2021
Hey and first up, thanks for your help :)
I bought a used Edimax RA21S router. I did a reset, to log into it with the stated PW for the SSIDs. But the router states, that the PW is wrong. So I tried to connect the router via Ethernet cable. It was stated as a not identified object. I couldn't reach it with the typical 192.168.1.1 or variants. So I look the IP of the router via cmd ipconfig. The stated IP address was not reachable: the shown feed back: "the object denied the connection".
I even tried to give the router a new IPv4 address and reach it through this.
But if I ping the IP address of the router I get a connection and the pinging works just fine. So it seems the router is working but somewhat blocks me from connecting to it.
But it shows the same. I've reset the router again, tried different lan ports, the cable is fine, I disabled the antivirus and firewalls, tried a different browser.

Now I don't know what to do anymore. I dont want to throw the router away and I think it's working because the ping worked and it shows the wifi signals...

any idea how I could establish a connection? Maybe through cmd commands or so?
Or is it just borken?

Thanks for your help!

kanewolf

Titan
Hey and first up, thanks for your help :)
I bought a used Edimax RA21S router. I did a reset, to log into it with the stated PW for the SSIDs. But the router states, that the PW is wrong. So I tried to connect the router via Ethernet cable. It was stated as a not identified object. I couldn't reach it with the typical 192.168.1.1 or variants. So I look the IP of the router via cmd ipconfig. The stated IP address was not reachable: the shown feed back: "the object denied the connection".
I even tried to give the router a new IPv4 address and reach it through this.
But if I ping the IP address of the router I get a connection and the pinging works just fine. So it seems the router is working but somewhat blocks me from connecting to it.
But it shows the same. I've reset the router again, tried different lan ports, the cable is fine, I disabled the antivirus and firewalls, tried a different browser.

Now I don't know what to do anymore. I dont want to throw the router away and I think it's working because the ping worked and it shows the wifi signals...

any idea how I could establish a connection? Maybe through cmd commands or so?
Or is it just borken?

Thanks for your help!
Have you tried using https rather than http? That router may not accept the insecure version.

TRENDING THREADS