Router cannot connect to computer

lovelyoda

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
my D-Link DIR-600 router cannot connect to my computer and it cannot access internet connection . what will i do ?

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

What happens when you try to connect to it and how are you tying? Are you working with a cable from the PC to the router or trying to connect by wireless? Does the router have lights on it, showing it's connected to the Internet?

lovelyoda

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
i am using ethernet cable to connect my computer in a router. it has no light if i connect it to the computer and even it has no light in the web and in the signal. only the power.

lovelyoda

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
i am using ethernet cable to connect my computer in a router. it has no light if i connect it to the computer and even it has no light in the web and in the signal. only the power.

I can't say without seeing it but I'm trying to rescue one here right now for a customer and it has dry solder joints. It's a five year old Netgear provided by her ISP who promised to post a replacement - charged at £32 - in five working days. With Christmas looming she's wait until early January but that ISP locks their routers in so we're stuck with it until I find another one of theirs.

You'll find a cheap enough replacement for yours. By all means wait for second and third opinions but I can't think of another reason.

hilltopmonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
You tried resetting it? Holding down reset button for ~30 secs and waiting for it to come back to life.

The DLink routers I have, though amazing for their money - do tend to die and need a reboot every so often. Strange thing is that most the time its only one device that's affected

As a result, the DLink ones are the only routers I actually use the save config option for