Question Router connected to 802.1x network doesn’t assign IPs to some devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2022
  • Using a switch and MAC duping i managed to connect my router (TL-WR4841N v9) to the 802.1x network in my dorms.
  • After a factory reset to the router, all devices could connect to the router (without any internet connection obviously).
  • I set up a static IP (laptop’s IP when it was connected to the 802.1x network) and the same MAC address as the laptop’s ethernet network card. The laptop authenticates to the network and can be removed from the switch because the router takes over the connection.
  • At this point all laptops are able to connect to the router and have a stable connection. But none of the phones i have tried are able to connect to the router. As far as i am concerned, they are not able to have an IP assigned by the router. To my knowledge there shouldn’t be any difference between a phone and a laptop but maybe i am missing something…

kanewolf

Titan
  • Using a switch and MAC duping i managed to connect my router (TL-WR4841N v9) to the 802.1x network in my dorms.
  • After a factory reset to the router, all devices could connect to the router (without any internet connection obviously).
  • I set up a static IP (laptop’s IP when it was connected to the 802.1x network) and the same MAC address as the laptop’s ethernet network card. The laptop authenticates to the network and can be removed from the switch because the router takes over the connection.
  • At this point all laptops are able to connect to the router and have a stable connection. But none of the phones i have tried are able to connect to the router. As far as i am concerned, they are not able to have an IP assigned by the router. To my knowledge there shouldn’t be any difference between a phone and a laptop but maybe i am missing something…
We can't help you with bypassing the security protocols that the school has. Assisting with bypassing security is against the rules of the board.

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS