[SOLVED] Router constantly reboots at random times

niktr96

Reputable
Oct 11, 2018
i have a TC7200.20
And for the past few months it's been rebooting at random causing me to lose connection for several minutes a day, completely disrupting anything im doing.

it happened just a few minutes ago and reading the logs, either my ISP is deliberately trying to piss me off or there's something wrong with my router.
7ibO90L.png

im guessing the DevResetNow is basically an admin forced reboot.
no idea what the CVC error is.
and this is happening at random almost every week.
any way i can fix this or should i call my ISP and tell them to shove it?

Solution
That will many times cause the modem to go into retraining mode. You need to call the ISP. You can check your signal levels but I suspect they are ok. You can't do much about signals levels either. You could i suppose hook the modem up where the line comes into your house to eliminate in house wires or splitters but those normally do not cause sync errors.
This! It's an ISP problem. Probably the line to your home. They need to check signal coming into your home.
It depends on how often they reset it. Does it happen on a regular schedule. It looks like they reset it on the first of the month. Do they reset it every month or maybe just once every 3 months.

Anything after the boot you pretty much need to ignore. If it does not properly reboot then you worry. The other messages you see happen very seldom, you see almost 24 hrs between them and many of them mean nothing really. if you lose a packet here and there because of them you will not notice.

niktr96

Reputable
Oct 11, 2018
i haven't checked the logs until now.
But in the entire month of August, my router reset 4-5 times.
Previous month maybe 2.
It happens more than once basically and usually within a few days in between.

I understand if they have to reboot it monthly because they might need to make adjustments to our bandwidth and do regular maintenance. But several times a month and In the middle of the day?
Im also seeing "SYNC Timing Synchronization failure" , is it possible their maintenance failed so they're constantly rebooting until it "just works"?

That will many times cause the modem to go into retraining mode. You need to call the ISP. You can check your signal levels but I suspect they are ok. You can't do much about signals levels either. You could i suppose hook the modem up where the line comes into your house to eliminate in house wires or splitters but those normally do not cause sync errors.

This! It's an ISP problem. Probably the line to your home. They need to check signal coming into your home.

Solution

niktr96

Reputable
Oct 11, 2018
Just connect straight from modem to computer and see if it drops. If ot does its ISP if it doesn't then its the router simple as that. 👌💯🤷‍♂️😲

i have a technicolor 7200
its a router and modem
i dont think it's the splitters since the wiring was done by an electrician We hired and we bought new ones.
The ISP didn't want to bother and do the wiring.
This entire neighborhood is known for having network and TV issues when there's storms so i guess it's probably the signal box somewhere in this region.

Next time my router gets a hangover i'll call my ISP

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
It is likely a bad connection like you said the box down you street and the ISP should fix this. Change ISPs if this continues as connection shouldn't drop even once ever. ✝👌💯😲🤷‍♂️