Question Router damage?

Guildive

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2015
I recently had a momentary power outage, and ever since I cannot get all of my devices back on Wi-Fi. I have power cycled the router and modem multiple times, and each time I can get a different variety of devices back online, but there are always a couple that were fine before that disconnect as a result. If I cycle again, those may come online while others are knocked out. I’ve never had this issue with any other power outage before. I thought that the router might have been damaged in a power surge, but would it still be providing a signal to most of my devices if that were the case?

kanewolf

Titan
I recently had a momentary power outage, and ever since I cannot get all of my devices back on Wi-Fi. I have power cycled the router and modem multiple times, and each time I can get a different variety of devices back online, but there are always a couple that were fine before that disconnect as a result. If I cycle again, those may come online while others are knocked out. I’ve never had this issue with any other power outage before. I thought that the router might have been damaged in a power surge, but would it still be providing a signal to most of my devices if that were the case?
This sounds like a DHCP problem. How many total devices (wired and wireless) do you have?

TRENDING THREADS