Router Disconnecting when my smart tv is on

May 30, 2018
Hi,
I have bought a smart tv which has wifi inbuild.I am using D link DIR 600L router for my home network. There is no issue with the router when my tv is off. But when i am switching on my tv ,my router indication lights are starting to off and on also all devices those are connected with that router all are disconnecting and connecting after 10 to 15 sec repeatedly.and no proper internet connection. But if i connect my tv with any other hotspot there is no issue with connectivity. Please let me know how to fix my router and connect my tv with that without issue.Thanks in advance.

Solution
My thought is that the problem is likely to be a duplicate IP address.

What make and model is the TV? Do you have the User Guide/Manual?

Does the following link present the User Manual for your router?

http://files.dlink.com.au/Products/DIR-600L/Manuals/DIR-600L_A1_Manual_v1.00(WW).pdf

First check the TV's menu's and see if you can find the IP address assigned to the TV.

Also check the router. Look for its assigned IP address, subnet mask, and the DHCP IP address range.

The router may also provide a list of attached devices by name and assigned IP address.

Three things:

1) determine what IP address the TV is using.

2) verify that IP address is either a fixed (static) IP or a dynamic (DHCP) IP address assigned by the...

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is that the problem is likely to be a duplicate IP address.

What make and model is the TV? Do you have the User Guide/Manual?

Does the following link present the User Manual for your router?

http://files.dlink.com.au/Products/DIR-600L/Manuals/DIR-600L_A1_Manual_v1.00(WW).pdf

First check the TV's menu's and see if you can find the IP address assigned to the TV.

Also check the router. Look for its assigned IP address, subnet mask, and the DHCP IP address range.

The router may also provide a list of attached devices by name and assigned IP address.

Three things:

1) determine what IP address the TV is using.

2) verify that IP address is either a fixed (static) IP or a dynamic (DHCP) IP address assigned by the router.

3) reconfigure the IP address assignment to be DHCP in order to avoid future duplicates.

Should just be a matter of accessing the necessary administrative options and setting screens on both the TV and router to get the applicable configuration settings in place.

Solution