router doesnt accept internet connection and i am stuck using an ethernet cord and only my laptop can use the internet

Aug 28, 2018
for the past 2 years I have had no problem using the internet on all sorts of different devices via wifi from my router which is connected to my modem. the other day someone pressed something on my router when I wasn't home and now I haven't been able to use the internet on any device except my laptop which is now connect to the modem directly with an Ethernet cord.

I have tried using the original router but even though I connect to the router the router doesn't seem to get the internet from the modem. I bought 2 new routers and the same problem. ive gone to the router setting online and I don't know what I am suppose to be looking for. or what im suppose to change. I don't want to press something and make the situation worse. I know I have internet because that's what im using to ask this question. can anyone help?

Now I did exactly like Scout_3 said I connected my pc to lan on router, then lan to isp modem, with system on. it did detect the router but now it says ERROR CONNECTION NOT PRIVATE.

Im using the same router that worked fine for 2 years. I never had it say error connection not private and it says no internet access on my phones . I never had a problem using the internet via wifi from my router to my phones before either. what can I do to get my internet working again wirelessly to all my devices like before?

Solution
I unplugged my Router for like 5 mins because my internet on Xbox wasn't working. It's been 20 mins and the internet is still not working. I think it's taking so long because I unplugged it for so long, but I'm not sure.
Aug 28, 2018

I did just like you said but now it says error connection not private when I try to use the internet

Aug 29, 2018
I unplugged my Router for like 5 mins because my internet on Xbox wasn't working. It's been 20 mins and the internet is still not working. I think it's taking so long because I unplugged it for so long, but I'm not sure.

Solution
Feb 27, 2019
What is that router are you using? Try to connect on your router to interface, and then type this 192.169.1.1 the default gateway bar and then enter. If you don't know how to do then check on 19216811.me to guides you and to rid that kind of trouble on your router.