Question Router has WiFi but no internet

Jul 30, 2019
Netgear Nighthawk AC2400 router can be seen/joined by Wi-Fi but has no wireless or wired internet coming out even though the modem has good Internet going to it.
Have replaced modem & Ethernet cable. I can hard wire laptop to modem and internet works. Have power cycled router. Called Netgear and they said since the 7 month old router led lights work the hardware is ok so it is out of support warranty. Welcome ideas & suggestions. Thanks.

Jul 30, 2019
Try reset it using a paper clip and reconfigure the router.

Router's aren't immortal so if nothing works try another.
Thanks. Reset is on my list if nothing else works. The router has always been in router mode for 7 months. I Will take a look at the link again.

Jul 30, 2019
They'll probably prefer to reply here rather than private message. If bill001g is able to they'll see this thread.
Ok. That would be great to reply here. Thanks boju you have been helpful. Going into the router settings helped rule out some things. The settings show “ problem detecting the Internet connection”. Worked thru the internet setup help options and no luck yet.

Jul 30, 2019
Problem solved. The solution was DHCP was changed to a static IP. Changed it back to. Dynamic and internet restored. Now as to how it got changed to static.
My guess is we lost internet after a lightning storm. Only thing I can figure is the storm tweaked IP address from dynamic to static.
My surge protector is 5+ years old. As part of this fix I will get a new surge protector.
Thanks