Router in an inaccessible place, how to move?

Oct 11, 2018
The cable company will charge me $$$ to move the port (the single port in a giant house).

I need to move the router and modem out of the atrium, to my room. How do I do this? Just buy a bunch of Ethernet cables?

Giant house = giant expense. :)

ISP should not charge u that much, they just run a long coax stapled to the outside of the house, and bring it to an outside wall your room is facing and punch a hole there. Now you should ask, how does this affect the rest of the household.

Better and cleaner + high performance, leave the box where is, in the closet, and wire your house, with in-wall wiring with lightening fast ethernet. Don't cheapen out on me now. :)

You wanna run long ethernet cords on the floor? go ahead, u got ~70 meters to play with.

kanewolf

Titan
If you don't like the cost quoted from the cable company, get another quote from another low voltage cable installer. You might also find one of the cable company installers and ask about an unofficial, for cash, install. They are usually private contractors and will work after-hours jobs.