[SOLVED] Router in my car

Jun 30, 2020
Hi I'm trying to install a "Nas server" in my car.

I have a 1tb ssd and want to have a router with a usb connection and mediashare function, also I would like the router to be able to run on power from the car, preferably from a USB adapter or at least low power consumption (12v).

Any ideas????

Solution
They do make stuff like that but how well it works I don't have a clue. There was some tv ad for a travel router that could stream data and had the option of running on battery and could charge phones. I figured it was a scam of some kind once you read the fine print.

I doubt you will get something that can run off USB but I running off a 12volt cigarette lighter type connection likely is a option. There are many routers that run on 12 volts and you can get dc-dc power converters for other voltages.

I would look for a router that has the streaming ability and then check what power it uses.

Maybe just use a laptop setup as a hotspot if you don't actually need the device to somehow connect to the internet.
They do make stuff like that but how well it works I don't have a clue. There was some tv ad for a travel router that could stream data and had the option of running on battery and could charge phones. I figured it was a scam of some kind once you read the fine print.

I doubt you will get something that can run off USB but I running off a 12volt cigarette lighter type connection likely is a option. There are many routers that run on 12 volts and you can get dc-dc power converters for other voltages.

I would look for a router that has the streaming ability and then check what power it uses.

Maybe just use a laptop setup as a hotspot if you don't actually need the device to somehow connect to the internet.

Solution