Router Issues with Motorolla SB6121 Cable Modem

vjdaino

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Hello I have had a previous post and I am still having problems and some of my research is telling me that the SB6121 does have compatibility issues with some wireless routers. I currently have the Linksys E3000 Duel band. I have the 2.4 GHz set up iwht one password and the 5ghz set up with the other. All the cell phones, Ipods, kindles and laptops are connected to the 2.4 band. the 2 rokus and xbox are connected to the 5ghz channel.

My problem is the Xbox dropping when online gaming especially when playing FIFA 14 & 15 online friendlies and competition matches.

I have tried giving the xbox it's own ip address and opeing ports that xbox says I need to open. Again I don't know if I am doing that correctly, but think I am.

If I need to get another router that plays better with the SB6121 any recommendations? Or are there other issues with xbox and online gaming that is not my routers fault?

Thanks in advance,
Vinnie

Solution
See if it makes a difference if the XBox is connected to the 2.4GHz since the signal strength through wall is better on the 2.4GHz