[SOLVED] Router issues

Mar 5, 2020
Ethernet cable plugged in Router is constantly getting connected and disconnected like the network cable is being plugged in and unplugged.

But strangely it works if i plug it to my android tv(The cable is a cat6 cable).
My question is why it works with my android tv but not with the router. (I tried changing the router and the cable is 40 m long , but that doesnt matter as it is working fine if connected to the tv ethernet port)

I tried almost everything nothing helps and i have never seen such weird problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Although the cable may be sold as "cat6" it may not meet specs. Is it a flat cable? Probably doesn't meet specs. Just because the packaging says "cat6" it is no guarantee that it is a quality cable.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I tried almost everything nothing helps
What have you tried so we're not repeating unfruitful suggestions.

Make and model of your router? Are you sure you've got the latest firmware update for said router?

Mar 5, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I tried almost everything nothing helps
What have you tried so we're not repeating unfruitful suggestions.

Make and model of your router? Are you sure you've got the latest firmware update for said router?

Routers i have tested

D Link 600L
TP Link TL-WR845N 300 Mbps

I plugged the cable on these routers still nothing.I know the cable is not bad because it works with my android tv . It is just that when i try to use it in a router the lights of the lan port blink just like plugging and unplugging.

Mar 5, 2020
  1. Did you validate the cable?
  2. You're plugged into another router? Is the router in AP client mode?
  3. Are you plugging into a LAN port?

Answer these and make headway