[SOLVED] Router keep restart every an hour or less

Aug 22, 2018
Hi
I just moved to a new house (Melbourne/Aus) and the router Name is Billion (it does not worth a cent, honestly). So it losing the connection after around every an hour and needs to be plugged off and on to work again.
what do you think is the problem as it works normally afterward. Is it a setting issue?
The landlord does not give a sht about it. He suggests keeping turning it on and off to work as he is very very stingy when it comes to fixing things.

Thanks

Solution
It depend what type of connection you have. DSL connections sometimes you have to set a userid and password. Cable connection many times you must reboot the modem.
In my experience, this sort of behavior is caused by either a bug in the firmware, or the router overheating.

Update the firmware - maybe the manufacturer fixed it. You should also try factory resetting the router as sometimes that clears up configuration settings which trigger a bug.

Make sure the router has adequate ventilation. Do not put it on pile carpeting or on top of other hot equipment. Make sure there's clear, open space under and around it so air can flow freely. A router which is flaky in the summer and/or during the day but works fine in winter/night is probably suffering overheating.

Aug 22, 2018
Solandri
Thanks for your valuable comments
The landlord mentioned that the router it used to be in the kitchen (3 months ago) but not any longer. Is there a possibility it has damage since exposed to heating (landlord also mentioned he cleaned it from a grease was on it when he was complaining about last tenants)
I have an old router used it 2 years ago
I tried to replace it in the new house but it give No Internet message when it connected
Is there any procedure to follow please when it comes replacing routers?
Cheers