[SOLVED] Router only can access youtube/google and no other sites however Modem works.

Feb 20, 2020
So my router have been working fine for the past year and one fine day suddenly no websites and application that requires internet works other than youtube/google/facebook sites.
Im using Linksys EA7500.

I know the problem lies in the router as
  1. ALL devices (mobile and pc, wifi & Ethernet) have the same issue.
  2. Ethernet connection directly from the Modem provided by my ISP works perfectly.
  3. My linksys router logo LED keeps flickering, signaling router issues.

What I have tried:
  1. Powercycling the router
  2. Resetting the router
  3. Flushing DNS on PC

At this point i feel like it is the hardware issue of the router, but if that is the case, why does youtube, google sites work but the rest doesnt?
Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
What happens if you manually set the dns in your IPv4 settings to 8.8.8.8. There could be a issue with the ISP dns and/or the dns cache function in the router.

You might also try disabling IPv6 support in your PC. Sometimes it tries to run IPv6 when it is not actually functional on the ISP.
What happens if you manually set the dns in your IPv4 settings to 8.8.8.8. There could be a issue with the ISP dns and/or the dns cache function in the router.

You might also try disabling IPv6 support in your PC. Sometimes it tries to run IPv6 when it is not actually functional on the ISP.

Solution