Question Router recommendation ?

timlab1955

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Currently, I'm using a Arris BGW 210-700 something that AT&T gives out for their gateway/router. However, their router has no service as far as anything goes. So for me I need one to be able to get a static IP address, as the AT&T doesn't do this, unless I want to pay $150 to start the service and then another $75 a month to keep it from AT&T. That is one of few services that I need, as I will (maybe) start doing websites again. The Arris BGW 210-700 will be placed in IP PASSTHROUGH mode, and the router will take over with all the services. Can someone recommend a router that would be good for this?

kanewolf

Titan
Currently, I'm using a Arris BGW 210-700 something that AT&T gives out for their gateway/router. However, their router has no service as far as anything goes. So for me I need one to be able to get a static IP address, as the AT&T doesn't do this, unless I want to pay $150 to start the service and then another $75 a month to keep it from AT&T. That is one of few services that I need, as I will (maybe) start doing websites again. The Arris BGW 210-700 will be placed in IP PASSTHROUGH mode, and the router will take over with all the services. Can someone recommend a router that would be good for this?
Every router will have to pay the static IP charges, if you want a static IP. why does dynamic DNS meet your needs?