router slowing my internet to 0

Jun 23, 2018
I have a setup in my house that one router is connected to another with ethernet cable. On first router which is also a modem internet works just fine. Cable which connect routers olso provides internet from first router. Problem starts when i connect it to second router. My pc (connected via cable to second router) and phone (connected via wifi to second router) both detect connection to internet but i can't load any page in browser. Only things taht works is messanger on phone and steam notifications (like xy started playing smth). Irestarted it and tried to set up second router again but it didn't work. BTW everything worked just fine yesterday.

Ralston18

Titan
Are other network computers and devices connecting and working correctly? Both on the network and with the internet?

Have you tried connecting your router and PC with other known working Ethernet cables?

Otherwise, if your internet stopped working all of a sudden then there may have been some update or even a reset to one router or the other.

Who has administrative access to the first/main router?

You may need help restoring the connectivity between the routers. Admin access will be needed.

Jun 23, 2018

I tried difrent cables which all worked fine. The only roplem is router. I tried reseting it to fabric settings twice. Now i am connected directly to first router via cable and my net is working correctly.

Ralston18

Titan
If you try the second router again be sure to disable its DHCP IP addressing function and connect the routers LAN to LAN.

Second router must have a static IP address different than that of the main (first router). Same subnet mask.

The following link will give you a good start on what is required:

https://www.lifewire.com/can-two-routers-be-used-on-the-same-home-network-818064

Use the router's respective User Guides/Manuals to configure the main router (provides DHCP IP addressing) and to configure the second router as required. E.g., an Access Point.