Question router stopped working between cable box and PC

highstream

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2012
Connection = cable box to TP-Link Archer C8 AC1750 to Win 10 desktop. Wireless worked fine this morning via iPad, then came back an hour later and there is now no internet thru the Archer and no lights, except two momentarily when powered on. What works: 1) cable box to computer gets internet on PC; 2) iPad shows connection to router, i.e., router name checked in Settings, but then can't load any sites; and 3) When router reconnected between cable box/PC and reset pushed, the right light (opposite facing arrows flashes continuously). Wiring seems fine. Ideas? Do these things just die? Thanks,

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Connection = cable box to TP-Link Archer C8 AC1750 to Win 10 desktop. Wireless worked fine this morning via iPad, then came back an hour later and there is now no internet thru the Archer and no lights, except two momentarily when powered on. What works: 1) cable box to computer gets internet on PC; 2) iPad shows connection to router, i.e., router name checked in Settings, but then can't load any sites; and 3) When router reconnected between cable box/PC and reset pushed, the right light (opposite facing arrows flashes continuously). Wiring seems fine. Ideas? Do these things just die? Thanks,
They do just die. If you unplug all ethernet cables and power it on, does it boot normally ?

highstream

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2012
The power brick is 12v, 3300 mA output. My volt meter shows a steady 12V. Plugged into the router, the power light (left) is not coming on at all, which it's supposed to do for initialization, although the two on the right do momentarily (WPS, USB). Strange.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS