Router sucking 75% of the internet speed!

Collin714

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014
Hello!
I would like to tell you guys and gals about a problem I have been having with my internet!

First, let me give you some hardware specifications that I using:

WZR-1750DHP - Buffalo Router
A custom built PC using wired connection
A Toshiba laptop using wireless connection
and finally a Huawei Nexus 6P

Alright! Let's tell you about the internet!

Okay! 10 Mbps down and 2Mbps up.

Ya ya ya... I know what you thinking "What the hell its only 10mb why do you even care!" but I live in the middle of nowhere so ya 10mbps is fast for us. :)

Alright! Time for my problem!

I am supposed to be getting 10 down right but I am only getting 3.5 at best through my wired connection and 3 out of the wireless connection! Now I have heard routers don't send 100% of the signal but this is kind of ridiculous! The reason I know its the router is because when I directly to the dish I get 12.4Mbps down and 3.2Mbps up. Yup you see my problem.

Now that you know of my problem I hope that someone out there in the tech community can help me fix it. If you have any questions you would like to know to help fix the problem just ask and I will hopefully be able to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Okay as an update I have reset the router to factory and that did nothing and QoS is off/ disabled, is there a setting I could change to maybe help?because I just dropped $145 on this router and seems like a waste of money if I would have to get a new one.

You have basically answered your own question.
It`s obvious the router it`s self is limiting the speed you are getting when it is used in conjunction connected to the dish setup, and your computers.

The usual remedy, if the router is two or three years old is to check with the ISP to see if a new router or modem is currently offered if provided by the ISP and ask for a new one, new current model provided for subscribers of the service will likely be better at providing higher speeds when connected in line with the dish and your computers.

Collin714

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014

The router is not even a year old so, I can't see it going bad that quick!

Collin714

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014

I have tried to disable it, I might try to do a factory reset again like you said and hope that helps!