Question Router Wifi on PC works for only a minute after reboot

Dec 17, 2021
Hello everyone!

Recently my PC has been having trouble with the router Wifi in my apartment. I would reboot my PC and the internet would work for only a minute before it suddenly stops working but it still says its "connected and secured" to my router. I use an internal wifi card in my motherboard and I tried using a USB wifi adapter to see if it does anything but it's the same issue. My PC connects to the hotspot from my phone just fine, and every device connects to my router just fine as well. I'm still not sure if its an internal hardware issue, a router issue, or a software issue. As far as I know everything is up to date, the router firmware, mobo chipsets, wifi card, windows update, and drivers.

Specs:
-Intel i5-10400
-ASUS Geforce GTX 1650 Super
-MSI B560M PRO-VDH WIFI
-Windows 10

Router:
Netgear r6400v2

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"I would reboot my PC and the internet would work for only a minute before it suddenly stops working but it still says its "connected and secured" to my router ".

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the loss of internet connectivity.

Being in an apartment it is very possible that interference could be an issue. What wireless frequency and channel are you using?

On your computer run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post the results.