Question Router without external antenna

Pc amature

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
Hello.

I have a router with an external antenna on the roof, without the antenna on the roof I get 0 mbs , I want to stop useing the antenna on the roof, so I'm looking for a router that gives good mbs without a broadband antenna on the roof. I did see huawei selling routers like this before they were around €700. But I can't seem to find them. Can anyone assist me here.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello.

I have a router with an external antenna on the roof, without the antenna on the roof I get 0 mbs , I want to stop useing the antenna on the roof, so I'm looking for a router that gives good mbs without a broadband antenna on the roof. I did see huawei selling routers like this before they were around €700. But I can't seem to find them. Can anyone assist me here.
You roof antenna may be a point-to-point antenna to your ISP. You might have to change ISPs.
How is you cellular signal? A cellular router could be an option.

If your router requires an antenna on the roof, then it is either cellular or microwave broadband point to point.

ISP = Internet Service Provider. Who do you pay for internet? It would tell us what technology you're using.

If you have cellular internet , then it's possible to get a router without an external antenna, but the outdoor antenna would likely give you better and more consistent internet.

@kanewolf im useing 2 poynting omnidirectional 292-V2, you use 2 as there not cross polarised, 8 dbi. I pay 30 euro a month unlimited with 3 network. What sort of mbs would router without antenna give me

That's an LTE cellular antenna. No one can tell you what speeds you'll get inside your house. You have to check your signal levels inside the home and see what kinds of speeds you'll get. Likely the same exact speeds you get on your phone when not connected to the router.

What I can almost say for certain, the outdoor antenna will give a better and more consistent signal and therefore a smoother internet experience.

Pc amature

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
I need to take down the antenna as there is alot or trees around and they hit the antenna sonetomes. So I really need some other type of option than the antenna. I was advised about a huawei router around 2 years ago, but I can not seem to get an answer from huawei again, they said it would work without the antenna, the router cost around €700. So at that price I say it would work great

There is no magic box that will fix this.

If the router would work inside without a antenna on the roof don't you think the ISP would have done it that way in the first place. The only reason they went to all the trouble to run a antenna on the roof is there is not enough signal inside your house.

Buying a different brand of router does not somehow magically make radio wave go through the walls of your house. The signal likely is very weak in your area to begin with. People that live very close to the cell tower likely can use just a indoor router but I suspect it will not work in you case.