Router wont let me portforward (protocol not working)

Feb 7, 2019
So I was trying to port forward for a server for me and my friends to play on. So I try to port forward but I notice that there is no protocol section/box for the port forwarding. So I attempt to still port forward but it failed. So I start googling my router and find the hand book, So i find the page where it instructs about port forwarding. I get to the page and read through and look at the picture that was included on the page and what do i see? I see a protocol section! :??: I have no idea why I do not have the option to do so, if anyone can explain or needs further information please ask. the router I use is here https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/netcomm-n600-dual-band-wifi-gigabit (not a very good one I know) if that is useful to you.

Feb 7, 2019

I don't believe so, if it is something that you regularly need to do or manually it is very likely I haven't. Any ways I've done a little more digging and found another manual on the official website for that specific router on how to port forward and didn't show anything about protocol. (so I thought maybe it may do it automatically I don't know i'm not very skilled in this area that's why I am here.) So I just now have attempted to port forward for a minecarft server for me and my friends for a bit of nostalgia. And I attempt to join from my IP not my IPV4 address and could not join but however I could join from my IPV4 address. So I then go on a Port checker website and enter the port for the game that i am using and it says that the port is open. Am i missing something? are you missing something? I have no clue.

Feb 7, 2019

Yes i went on to firewalll and made sure Java was checked For public and private, I don't exactly know why its doing this because when i start up the server it says the port is open on multiple port checker websites, but when i attempt to join on my public ip it doesn't work but when i use my IPV4 address it works fine

EDIT 1: im hoping this is a NAT loopback ill try and test if my friends can join if it doesn't ill do a little more digging