Router

gevans

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2002
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5816251729&category=44997

could someone please check out this router for me on ebay? im have the internet installed with ntl, and need to get 5 computers with working internet. would i be able to connect four of them via ethernet and the fifth using wireless (one of the computers has the wireless receiver built in). Also if it will work what safety precautions should i be taking?
thanx

riser

Illustrious
Yup, it's a wireless G router alright.

Not familar with the brands. For the pricing, might as well stick with a name brand and know you have that behind your product.

But you're in the UK, so I'm not sure if that's a popular brand over there or not.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Don't know the brand (I'm in the US), but from its specs it should work fine. Check your local stores for pricing - £32.99 running a rough conversion to US$ puts it a bit over the going rate in the US - but it may be a good price in the UK.

For the wireless part, be sure to turn on security, and if you want to restrict access to anything but your 5 PC's, add the wireless one's MAC address to the router's wireless security setup. (Sorry - forget the terms, besides I did it on a Linksys router, not this one so the names may be different anyways).

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>

icemann77

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2005
well if you already setup the internet then you want to secure your wireless connections.you must enable wep or wpa and also wireless mac filter so that you will be very secured. :lol: