[SOLVED] Routers drops connection randomly when browsing

Hospital for souls

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2016
Hello toms ive been having this annoying issue with my router lately and its bugging me my router will randomly cuts off the connection when browsing watching a youtube video or whatever any kind of internet activity on it will drop the connection completely for 10 - 20 seconds and then comes back up on its own while this happen the ADSL + INTERNET lights aare completely shut down and will start lighting back again once the intenret is back up on its own now i tried contacting the isp and they said everything was fine on their end so i tried another router i had which is not wirless and the problem seems to be only happening on this wireless one its a wireless router module Netis DL4323D

i dont know if its a configuration issue or is this router faulty and needs to be thrown away thanks

Solution
It is hard to say but it sounds like defective hardware. You could try a firmware update but I know little about that brand and how well they support it.

Since you have a wired router that function correctly you have another option than buying a new router. You should be able to use the wifi router as a AP. What you do is turn off the dhcp server, set the LAN ip address on the router so it does not conflict, and then plug it to the main router on one of the LAN ports.

In effect you are only using the wifi radios on this router and are using the wired router for everything else. If you get disconnects on the WIFI after you do this then I suspect the router is badly broken. It could be rebooting itself and that generally...
It is hard to say but it sounds like defective hardware. You could try a firmware update but I know little about that brand and how well they support it.

Since you have a wired router that function correctly you have another option than buying a new router. You should be able to use the wifi router as a AP. What you do is turn off the dhcp server, set the LAN ip address on the router so it does not conflict, and then plug it to the main router on one of the LAN ports.

In effect you are only using the wifi radios on this router and are using the wired router for everything else. If you get disconnects on the WIFI after you do this then I suspect the router is badly broken. It could be rebooting itself and that generally means it has a hardware issue and you will have to buy a new router.

Reactions: Hospital for souls
Solution

Hospital for souls

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2016

In effect you are only using the wifi radios on this router and are using the wired router for everything else. If you get disconnects on the WIFI after you do this then I suspect the router is badly broken. It could be rebooting itself and that generally means it has a hardware issue and you will have to buy a new router.

i upgraded the firmware from the official site and turned upnp option on and seemed to have fixed the problem thanks a lot for your assistance