Routers Ethernet ports not working

Sep 8, 2015
I have wired my xbox to my router with an Ethernet cable but every time I turn off my xbox and turn it on on again I have to restart my router, how do I fix this. I am using the router Telus have me I have pure fibre 150/150 internet.

Solution
You might have issues with DHCP or lack of. Connect something and check your ip address. It should be 192.168.x.x which is private. Don't post it if it's not.
Also see how many routers are in your house. You might have multiple on the same subnet (3rd number in ip) and that can cause lots of issues. Make sure your subnet mask is /24 or 255.255.255.0 if it's greater than /24 you might have a limited number of available ips.
Sep 8, 2015
I have to restart my router because that’s the only way Ethernet will work, but if I use wifi then it works so it is an Ethernet problem, also the light for the Ethernet port doesn’t work for the Xbox but it works for all the other things connected

You might have issues with DHCP or lack of. Connect something and check your ip address. It should be 192.168.x.x which is private. Don't post it if it's not.
Also see how many routers are in your house. You might have multiple on the same subnet (3rd number in ip) and that can cause lots of issues. Make sure your subnet mask is /24 or 255.255.255.0 if it's greater than /24 you might have a limited number of available ips.

Solution