beathbarb2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I am new to this. My question is about buying a router for home use. At home I have wireless internet. I want to buy and hook up a cheap but best in that range wired router to hook my telephone devices into for example Magic Jack Plus. I am looking at the wired because I have been told for telephone, Tv, video devices you get the clearest reception with the wired routers. Now I don't even now if it is possible to hook a wired router to a wireless internet. I really need some specific direction before I purchase one . I now that the Magic Jack needs 128 kb/s upload. But I think that has more to do with my server right. So please feel free to make direct specific suggestions. For example I would buy............ Thank you Lost in the world of cyber space. Barb Beath

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Well first off, when you say that you have "wireless" internet at your house, do you mean that you have a mobile broadband device (one that may be issued through Verizon/AT&T), or that you have a local ISP (Internet Service Provider) and you just access the web wirelessly?

beathbarb2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

I have Wireless Internet that is ISP (Canada Bell Sympatico) that I access the web wirelessly through a box of some sort a modem or maybe a router. I am not home right now I am down south in the USA so I can not check it.

beathbarb2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

I have Wireless Internet that is ISP (Canada Bell Sympatico) that I access the web wirelessly through a box of some sort a modem or maybe a router. I am not home right now I am down south in the USA so I can not check it.

beathbarb2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

beathbarb2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

TRENDING THREADS