[SOLVED] Royal Sovereign fs-2d turns on but doesnt sort coins

kris_hm

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2014
I have purchased 2 royal sovereign fs-2d's used from amazon, one after another was returned. Both of them arrived in non-working condition. After the second attempt to replace the item a customer service rep asked me if i would rather have a refund and just keep the item. So i chose to do that, and kept the second non-working coin sorter, which appears to be in great physical condition, it just wont sort coins. It comes on, screen works, buttons work, except for the start/stop button. I went on google for a while and looked but all i can find is the manual for the item. I dont want to read the manual, i want to find a forum where someone has had this issue and fixed it and i cannot seem to locate one. Which seems odd. Can anyone help me with this? Either with repairing the device or pointing me where i need to be looking? maybe someone else knows what i need? Thanks

Solution
IDK. I had one of those. It sucked and did not work correctly. I sent it back too. And about 50% of the reviews on Amazon say that in one way or another the machine didn't work. I don't put a lot of weight in Amazon or Newegg reviews, but when there are over 2000 reviews and about half of them say some variation of the same thing, I tend to believe it.

However, not being willing to read the manual is absolutely, no matter WHAT the device or item involved is, the most surefire way to ensure that something doesn't work or doesn't work the way it is supposed to. If you can't read, great, get somebody who can. If the manual isn't readable or isn't printed in your language, great, get a translator or ask the company to replace the manual...
IDK. I had one of those. It sucked and did not work correctly. I sent it back too. And about 50% of the reviews on Amazon say that in one way or another the machine didn't work. I don't put a lot of weight in Amazon or Newegg reviews, but when there are over 2000 reviews and about half of them say some variation of the same thing, I tend to believe it.

However, not being willing to read the manual is absolutely, no matter WHAT the device or item involved is, the most surefire way to ensure that something doesn't work or doesn't work the way it is supposed to. If you can't read, great, get somebody who can. If the manual isn't readable or isn't printed in your language, great, get a translator or ask the company to replace the manual. But whatever you do, stop being so damn stubborn and read the manual. At least then you can say you are sure that it isn't because you've overlooked some critical step or didn't follow the instructions. Otherwise, it just looks like unnecessarily being contrary. If you don't care enough to at least TRY reading the manual to see if there is something in there that is relevant, then you are not really that concerned with solving the issue. If you read the manual and still find no answers, then chances are good it is simply because the machine is a POS and the manufacturer knows it, which is why they didn't want it back.

Reactions: kris_hm
Solution

kris_hm

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2014
Sure, and thanks. I went and skimmed the manual PDF quickly and there is nothing in it other than describing to me how to use the product, which is what i figured would be in there. This item is so simple, there are only a few buttons. Im fairly certain I've never read a manual for a product in my life that has anything about truly servicing the product when it is broken, especially for something like this. Except for a car maybe. This device does seem to be one of the cheapest available. Anyway ill play with it for a bit with my multi meter and see what i can do. Sounds like it belongs in the trash.

I think you are correct, since they already returned your money. You never know though, some of these products are extremely cheaply assembled and I have occasionally found some fairly simple repair that was able to correct the issue and enable the product to be used as it was intended, but those are rare occasions and I simply returned this product and didn't attempt any sort of repair because I had seen that so many people had similar issues I figured it was simply a flaw in the basic design.