RPM of my hard drive

DreadKnot

Reputable
Jul 30, 2016
i want to know what is the rpm of my hard drive i tried to google the way to know but it only guided my to it's type which is SCSI\DiskWDC_____WD10EURX-63FH1Y001.0
so could you please tell me a way to find it out ?!!
thanks in advance

DreadKnot

Reputable
Jul 30, 2016

Thanks for the help bro , i read through the thread and i figured that the intellipower ranges from 5400 to 5900 or even lower but i was told that this hard drive had a 7200 RPM so should i return it back ?

DreadKnot

Reputable
Jul 30, 2016

hahaha got you man !! thanks for your help thou

Depends which usage you will give.

Example: Normal usage, like data storage, music, etc. Its plenty fine. Now, if you depends of the speed of the RPM and read-write numbers, then yes, you want to change it.

Post here which usage you will give it, and we decide if its the best choice for you.

DreadKnot

Reputable
Jul 30, 2016

Yeah i think it will be mainly for storage , games to be specific because that's the main reason i built my pc , but would it matter in terms of OS speed i mean would it slow down me a bit , since i don't have an SSD yet ? thanks for your concern

If the OS is installed on that HDD, then yes, it will be 'slow' compared to an 7200RPM HDD or SSD.

But, if you will pick a SSD in the future, just go for big gb storage (250~500GB), install there the OS + some games, and you will be fine, and just use that HDD for media storage documents etc.

DreadKnot

Reputable
Jul 30, 2016

But can i move my OS to the SSD without having to re-install it ?