JC

I thought DiamondRobin was the "expert player" game. Well, I just restored
DiamondRobin the Initiate and found that there were no notes in inventory
whatsoever on the game status.

I guess that's why it's for experts - one has to re-explore everything
already done?

JC

OK, played around 1000 turns, maybe less, not very long at any rate. Not
much to tell so far:

Kitten died to something, tamed a Dwarf which is now a King but won't wield
anything other than his current dagger (but has on Splint Mail and more).
Minetown Temple is aligned and full of boulders due to an accident in
price-IDing scrolls, so pay no mind that scrolls of Earth are called "ID?"
Got a magic marker and properly ID'd identify.
Haven't gone below Minetown; probably should do Sokoban next to see about a
BOH.
On current level, there is a large general store with not too much useful,
but it might be worth having Rocko steal the scrolls.
Have telepathy, but AFAIK no other intrinsics aside from those Monks get
naturally.

Suggestions:
Level up spellcasting to make Charm Monster more readily available (68% fail
right now).
Switch to Gauntlets of Power if anything very nasty is on the level.

JC wrote:

> OK, played around 1000 turns, maybe less, not very long at any rate. Not
> much to tell so far:
>
> Kitten died to something, tamed a Dwarf which is now a King but won't
> wield anything other than his current dagger (but has on Splint Mail and
> more). Minetown Temple is aligned and full of boulders due to an accident
> in price-IDing scrolls, so pay no mind that scrolls of Earth are called
> "ID?" Got a magic marker and properly ID'd identify.
> Haven't gone below Minetown; probably should do Sokoban next to see about
> a BOH.
> On current level, there is a large general store with not too much useful,
> but it might be worth having Rocko steal the scrolls.
> Have telepathy, but AFAIK no other intrinsics aside from those Monks get
> naturally.
>
> Suggestions:
> Level up spellcasting to make Charm Monster more readily available (68%
> fail right now).
> Switch to Gauntlets of Power if anything very nasty is on the level.

Price-id'ed a lot of the stuff for later. Rocko was slow though, so he's
still on level 7 or so.

The oracle is on level 8. Haven't shattered the statues yet.

Level 9 has a co-aligned altar by the up stairs, and a co-aligned temple on
the far left. Killed a unicorn. A gremlin stole poison-resistance - still
standing beside it. Despite considering myself pretty expert, I'm leaving
it to someone more experienced; that thing hits hard!

Perhaps an idea to make a stash in sokoban, with those altars near by.

Sidsel

Found a new character (T:170), a rogue. Played it until T:3000.
Nothing interesting thus far. Shops; got boring to take out all
the interesting items, left some. Interesting gauntlets (50$) in
one of the shops to be identified.

Inventory:
Two enchant weapon scrolls (cursed).
A potion of holy water.
Quite some potions, scrolls (in sack).
Cloak of displacement and invisibility.
An unidentified amulet (worn).

We need a better (less heavy) armor. Always near to burdened.

Maybe explore the mines next.

Made quite some use of daggers to enhance skill; but still basic.
Should be trained more.

We need more than these 6 daggers in a stack. (-> mines)

Janis

JC wrote:
> ...Minetown Temple is aligned and full of boulders due to an accident
> in price-IDing scrolls...

Do you mean co-aligned? Minetown Temple is always aligned.

--
____ (__)
/ \ (oo) -Shadow
\____/

Shadow wrote:
> JC wrote:
>
>> ...Minetown Temple is aligned and full of boulders due to an accident
>> in price-IDing scrolls...
>
> Do you mean co-aligned? Minetown Temple is always aligned.

As far memory serves, the altar was co-aligned. That's what JC meant.

Janis