[SOLVED] Rtx 2060 super (8gb) Vs gtx 1080 with i7 4790 non(k)

mhashimkhan1998

Commendable
Sep 21, 2017
I have i7 4790 with 8gb Ram and ll soon upgrade it to 16gb when i buy new GPU.
i can get both of these GPU's around the same price.
so which one will be a good pair with i7 4790. im worried about bottleneck .
so will it be bottlenecked or not and which one is good for my CPU?
Plus I mostly play Online Games on 1080p.
Thanks!!

Solution
The RTX 2060 Super (assuming that's the card you are talking about, as there is no 1060 Super) should be slightly faster than a GTX 1080 on average, and has some new hardware features that are likely to offer better performance in future games, so of those two, that would be the one I would go with.

Depending on the games you play and the graphics settings used, performance is likely to often be limited by your CPU at 1080p, so you might not get the most out of these cards, though a 4790 is still a relatively decent performer by current standards.

Are you using a high-refresh rate screen, like 144Hz, that can display the additional frames? If your monitor only updates the image 60 or 75 times per second, either of these options would...

WildCard999

Titan
They perform pretty close but if it's a 2060S (new) or 1080 (used) then easily the 2060S due to the warranty.

As for the pairing with the 4790 it would be fine and really comes down to the game but if you find yourself with low GPU usage then use 2X Nvidia DSR. Not only will this utilize the GPU more but also make the game look a little bit better over some AA options.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/technology

The RTX 2060 Super (assuming that's the card you are talking about, as there is no 1060 Super) should be slightly faster than a GTX 1080 on average, and has some new hardware features that are likely to offer better performance in future games, so of those two, that would be the one I would go with.

Depending on the games you play and the graphics settings used, performance is likely to often be limited by your CPU at 1080p, so you might not get the most out of these cards, though a 4790 is still a relatively decent performer by current standards.

Are you using a high-refresh rate screen, like 144Hz, that can display the additional frames? If your monitor only updates the image 60 or 75 times per second, either of these options would likely be massive overkill for 1080p.

Solution

mhashimkhan1998

Commendable
Sep 21, 2017
Yea

Are you using a high-refresh rate screen, like 144Hz, that can display the additional frames? If your monitor only updates the image 60 or 75 times per second, either of these options would likely be massive overkill for 1080p.

Yeah i use 60 hz monitor if i had the extra money for monitor i would have invested on i5 9400f which i think the cheapest and best performer in current era
If there is any other CPU cheap and good enough to be paired with gtx 1080 or rtx 2060S so tell me i will invest.
If its ok i will buy rtx 2060 non(S) which is cheaper little bit but how much will it cost me more after i sell my i7 4790 with mobo + 8gb Ram