[SOLVED] Rtx 2060 100% spikes making gaming impossible

Lucas6ix

Reputable
Jul 23, 2017
Hello was hoping for some help as a last resort to save me from quitting pc gaming lol, recently i updated cpu and gpu, rtx 2060 and i5 9600k, anyways my gpu is shooting to 100% every 30 seconds just idling on the desktop or when i open and close chrome. Valhalla came out today yep unplayable just like i thought it would be, game stays around 96-100% usage. I've invested thousands into this pc to make sure it could run anything no problem and it's getting depressing any help would be appreciate.

Solution
Hello was hoping for some help as a last resort to save me from quitting pc gaming lol, recently i updated cpu and gpu, rtx 2060 and i5 9600k, anyways my gpu is shooting to 100% every 30 seconds just idling on the desktop or when i open and close chrome. Valhalla came out today yep unplayable just like i thought it would be, game stays around 96-100% usage. I've invested thousands into this pc to make sure it could run anything no problem and it's getting depressing any help would be appreciate.
That game with a 2060.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI-9bYQCLvc

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
That game with a 2060.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI-9bYQCLvc

Solution

Lucas6ix

Reputable
Jul 23, 2017
List your full system specs please. Do include MAKE and MODEL of your PSU.
The fact that the GPU is used at near 100% in the game is very good and it shouldn't cause stuttering. The problem lies elsewhere.
EVGA RTX 2060
Intel i5 9600k
Asus z390-H
EVGA 600b PSU
corsair h100
32gb trident g skill ram
Samsung 970 pro SSD
... so i spent awhile on chat with nvidia they ran alot of tests/scans could not help me .. on idle i get 100% usage spikes from the gpu on task manager... some games run totally fine example forza horizon 4 runs perfect.. then load up a new game like assassins creed vahalla and im met with a unplayable experience no matter what i try .

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
wow , genius
Ya I know !

You don't buy a VW to out run a Porsha

FH4 runs good on about anything the new AC is a lot more demanding and from what your saying your getting about the expected results from the video.

EDIT CPU and GPU spikes are normal. You open Chrome and the card spikes then goes back down it's like that with a lot of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: dotas1

TRENDING THREADS