[SOLVED] RTX 2060 6GB under performing GTX 1060 3GB ?

May 6, 2021
Hey! Recently I bought a RTX 2060 not so long ago, but after playing some games, I’ve realized that it is nearly not getting the fps that I am supposed to be getting. I realized that it could be bottle-necking, but I feel like a lot of my parts were pretty good? I don’t mind buying a new part to make up for it, I just need to figure out what component could be affecting it. Sadly it has been doing worse than my GTX 1060, but I really don’t wanna switch it out.
My spec’s are:
RTX 2060 6GB MSI
Asus Rogstrix b250h mother board
16GB DDR4 Ram
I-7700k CPU
800W Power Supply

Solution
Your specs certainly can handle the 2060, even a 1080Ti with no issue.

Did you try reinstall Geforce drivers or try an older driver in case latest are buggy concerning your games + gpu generation (ie optimised/tweaked for say 3xxx but introducing other problems for older cards).

Do you use GE to optimise games? If so, has it set settings the same? Because based on the quality slider in GE settings, it'll set settings higher with a more powerful gpu than before.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Your specs certainly can handle the 2060, even a 1080Ti with no issue.

Did you try reinstall Geforce drivers or try an older driver in case latest are buggy concerning your games + gpu generation (ie optimised/tweaked for say 3xxx but introducing other problems for older cards).

Do you use GE to optimise games? If so, has it set settings the same? Because based on the quality slider in GE settings, it'll set settings higher with a more powerful gpu than before.

Solution
Hey! Recently I bought a RTX 2060 not so long ago, but after playing some games, I’ve realized that it is nearly not getting the fps that I am supposed to be getting. I realized that it could be bottle-necking, but I feel like a lot of my parts were pretty good? I don’t mind buying a new part to make up for it, I just need to figure out what component could be affecting it. Sadly it has been doing worse than my GTX 1060, but I really don’t wanna switch it out.
My spec’s are:
RTX 2060 6GB MSI
Asus Rogstrix b250h mother board
16GB DDR4 Ram
I-7700k CPU
800W Power Supply
If you have ray tracing turned on for the games you are playing, that can affect your FPS dramatically.