[SOLVED] RTX 2060 and I7 3770k Low Utilization

Jul 8, 2020
Just got this Zotac 2060. Temps run 55-60C. I use MSI Afterburner to monitor during gaming and am noticing that my Gpu runs between 65-90% and CPU at 30-45%. I have dual stick ram 2x8 and an older gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H. I didn’t think the motherboard could slow it down but I am unsure what else it could be?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on the game. Usages vary and in whichever game you're monitoring in is only requiring that amount of cpu. What you don't want is the cpu nearing maxed out and struggling.

In Msi Afterburner, you checked total cpu usage box? It's the cpu field without a core/thread number.

What game, frame rates are you getting and at what resolution/settings?

Jul 8, 2020
I am monitoring it in Dead by Daylight at the moment. Yea it’s good my cpu usage isn’t super high , I was stating my cpu usage to show I am not being bottlenecked by the CPU. In afterburner I checked the CPU usage, not cpu1,2 etc. To my understanding it’s the average usage of all cores. I run anywhere from 60-100 frames on 1080p depending on the usage it will move around but when the usage goes up so does my frames so that’s why I get confused why it doesn’t stay at a high usage. I play on high-ultra, but if I lower the settings my gpu usage decreases and my FPS seems to stay somewhat the same maybe going up somewhat

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Couldn't find reliable statistics for that game but this might come close. If there's a game in the list to sorta compare and see where you sit.

The test is using a 9900K

Solution
Jul 8, 2020
Thanks for the link, so do you think it’s more so the game and not my hardware? I couldn’t see why else it would be the way it is in this game with the low ish usage of the cpu and gpu. I just find it weird how it’s not wanting to go above that 80-100 FPS even without 95-98% usage.

TRENDING THREADS