Nov 28, 2019
The rig has RTX 2060 paired with R5 2600x and is working fine with a 450 watt corsair PSU. [even under rendering loads in V-Ray]. The required wattage as per calculations is around 550 watts. How soon should I upgrade considering it is a new build and I made a mistake of buying lower wattage PSU?

Solution
Ok then. Let me buy a 550 watt psu. I will somehow manage the cost. But what problems could arise ?
The ' immediately ' in your answer makes me feel anxious.
The rtx 2060 is a pretty beefy gpu and it needs to draw a lot of power from the power supply. The problem is not the quantity of watts but the PSU's quality. You may never experience an issue and think that everything is fine, but one day, out of nowhere, your psu may die and bring other parts to its grave as well. The corsair vs PSU's are not quality, especially for gaming systems and for a GPU like that you need a good one. So my recommendations are:
Corsair TX-M Series TX550M
Corsair RMx RM550x
Seasonic Focus Plus 550 Platinum
EVGA SuperNova 550 G3 Y2
All of the above...

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
The rig has RTX 2060 paired with R5 2600x and is working fine with a 450 watt corsair PSU. [even under rendering loads in V-Ray]. The required wattage as per calculations is around 550 watts. How soon should I upgrade considering it is a new build and I made a mistake of buying lower wattage PSU?
First of all, yes you made a mistake, you should never buy a cheap psu, it's the most important component in a pc. Can you share the exact name and model of your psu?

Reactions: DanteSAOnfrio

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Ok then. Let me buy a 550 watt psu. I will somehow manage the cost. But what problems could arise ?
The ' immediately ' in your answer makes me feel anxious.
The rtx 2060 is a pretty beefy gpu and it needs to draw a lot of power from the power supply. The problem is not the quantity of watts but the PSU's quality. You may never experience an issue and think that everything is fine, but one day, out of nowhere, your psu may die and bring other parts to its grave as well. The corsair vs PSU's are not quality, especially for gaming systems and for a GPU like that you need a good one. So my recommendations are:
Corsair RMx RM550x
EVGA SuperNova 550 G3 Y2
All of the above are QUALITY units. You said that cost isn't an issue, but I threw the tx550m in there just in case. I'd get the seasonic one if I didn't care for the cost, but all of them are good buys. The seasonic one is probably the best, with the tx being the worst of those(but not bad generally). It's your call, you won't have any problems with any of these, as your components will be WAY more protected than they are right now.

Reactions: DanteSAOnfrio
Solution
Nov 28, 2019
Corsair RMx RM550x
EVGA SuperNova 550 G3 Y2
All of the above are QUALITY units. You said that cost isn't an issue, but I threw the tx550m in there just in case. I'd get the seasonic one if I didn't care for the cost, but all of them are good buys. The seasonic one is probably the best, with the tx being the worst of those(but not bad generally). It's your call, you won't have any problems with any of these, as your components will be WAY more protected than they are right now.
Thank you . I will go by the seasonic product then.