[SOLVED] Rtx 2060 black screen when a game starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2021
can anybody help me or advise me on what i am experiencing with this graphics card. when i try to play any type of game, the loading screen will load up but as soon as game play starts the monitor looses signal and the card fans speed up to 100%, i cannot reset the computer and have to do a hard reset, this is literally happening all the time, its driving me nuts as the computer is only 2 years old, I've tried re seating the graphics card I've tried a different slot, i have changed the DP cable, I've done a clean driver install version 496.76 I've used ddu, rolled back the Nvidia drivers to test,I've also removed the cpu and re pasted the thermal and reinstalled, I've checked all connections, set my PSU settings to balanced, I did try a graphics benchmark but this made my pc go into black screen after 30 seconds, temps looked normal at the time and also temps looks normal on msi afterburner. Windows did register a error.
Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 1a1
Parameter 1: ffffbe8804655040
Parameter 2: 0
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_19041
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.100
Locale ID: 14345.

really dont know what else to do except send of for a new card under warranty. is this a common problem if so do you guys know of any way i can get around this.

Thanks for your help, MY PC specs.
Mobo MSI X370 GAMING PRO
CORSAIR RM750X PSU,
AMD RYZEN 7 1800X
16GB AEGIS DDR4 RAM
GE FORCE RTX 2060 WINDFORCE OC 6G

Solution
can anybody help me or advise me on what i am experiencing with this graphics card. when i try to play any type of game, the loading screen will load up but as soon as game play starts the monitor looses signal and the card fans speed up to 100%, i cannot reset the computer and have to do a hard reset, this is literally happening all the time, its driving me nuts as the computer is only 2 years old, I've tried re seating the graphics card I've tried a different slot, i have changed the DP cable, I've done a clean driver install version 496.76 I've used ddu, rolled back the Nvidia drivers to test,I've also removed the cpu and re pasted the thermal and reinstalled, I've checked all connections, set my PSU settings to balanced, I did...
can anybody help me or advise me on what i am experiencing with this graphics card. when i try to play any type of game, the loading screen will load up but as soon as game play starts the monitor looses signal and the card fans speed up to 100%, i cannot reset the computer and have to do a hard reset, this is literally happening all the time, its driving me nuts as the computer is only 2 years old, I've tried re seating the graphics card I've tried a different slot, i have changed the DP cable, I've done a clean driver install version 496.76 I've used ddu, rolled back the Nvidia drivers to test,I've also removed the cpu and re pasted the thermal and reinstalled, I've checked all connections, set my PSU settings to balanced, I did try a graphics benchmark but this made my pc go into black screen after 30 seconds, temps looked normal at the time and also temps looks normal on msi afterburner. Windows did register a error.
Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 1a1
Parameter 1: ffffbe8804655040
Parameter 2: 0
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_19041
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.100
Locale ID: 14345.

really dont know what else to do except send of for a new card under warranty. is this a common problem if so do you guys know of any way i can get around this.

Thanks for your help, MY PC specs.
Mobo MSI X370 GAMING PRO
CORSAIR RM750X PSU,
AMD RYZEN 7 1800X
16GB AEGIS DDR4 RAM
GE FORCE RTX 2060 WINDFORCE OC 6G
Sounds like a dying graphics card sadly. Ive had two older cards fail on me with the same symptom of fans ramping up randomly and essentially bricking the pc requiring a hard reboot like you described aswell.

Best way to test this is to use a different gpu and see if the problem persists.

Reactions: Richardw81
Solution
Nov 25, 2021
Hi! Fortunately, you aren't experiencing artifacts yet. Before getting rid of the card, PLEASE try underclocking it. MSI AFTERBURNER
Hi Jessica thanks for the reply, I have tried underclocking the core via after burner -100mhz, and still experienced a black screen and fans speed increases on the GPU. I did underclock lower along with the core but I was still getting the same result.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Drop the gpu power limit as far as possible in Afterburner

Also, post highest gpu core temperatures and gpu hotspot before it black screens, if possible.
I don't think a 2060's memory temperature can be viewed with software - could be wrong about that - so about the only way to check for overheating is to power limit the crap outta the gpu and blow a fan inside your PC.

Nov 25, 2021
Drop the gpu power limit as far as possible in Afterburner

Also, post highest gpu core temperatures and gpu hotspot before it black screens, if possible.
I don't think a 2060's memory temperature can be viewed with software - could be wrong about that - so about the only way to check for overheating is to power limit the crap outta the gpu and blow a fan inside your PC.

Hi there I dropped the power using msi after burner to the lowest possible setting being 74.
I turned on manual fans to 65
Started up a game and with in 5 mins of playing it went to black screen and no signal, and the cards again fan'd up. I was alt tabing out to after burner to look at GPU temps it was 65.c before crashing out.

Nov 25, 2021
I have returned the card today as it's under warranty so I will let you know know the outcome so we at least have a answer. I did try another dpu cable and also a hdmi, I even tried new pcie cables, and checked the the PSU was fanning up, with the paper clip trick ,I wasn't able to to try the GPU in another pc as none were compatible. We shall see what happends and I'll keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.