Question RTX 2060 fans on max speed, black screen

Dule951

Reputable
Jul 23, 2016
Hi,
Yesterday I bought a new gpu ( Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro ) installed it and after trying to boot for the first time it gave signal just enough to see motherboard logo and it went black. Fans were not spinning (i guess it's the quiet mod). On second try, I got into the bios but again, black screen after maybe 30 seconds. After that, every time I turn the PC on, gpu is working with fans on max speed but there is no signal at all (not even for 30 seconds) on the monitor. Just black screen. It's brand new gpu, just unpacked and installed. PC is working fine with old gpu R9 270.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVBO17BIFFo

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350-Plus
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3,8GHz
GPU: Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X OC (Stock)
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3200MHz (Running stock at 2133MHz)
SSD: Kingston A400 120GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GS

• I have tried second gpu slot, same thing
  • Resetting the BIOS didn't help (bios and chipset drivers updated to the latest version)

Is there anything else I could try before calling it faulty ?

Dule951

Reputable
Jul 23, 2016
Hi,
Yesterday I bought a new gpu ( Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro ) installed it and after trying to boot for the first time it gave signal just enough to see motherboard logo and it went black. Fans were not spinning (i guess it's the quiet mod). On second try, I got into the bios but again, black screen after maybe 30 seconds. After that, every time I turn the PC on, gpu is working with fans on max speed but there is no signal at all (not even for 30 seconds) on the monitor. Just black screen. It's brand new gpu, just unpacked and installed. PC is working fine with old gpu R9 270.

• Resetting the BIOS didn't help (bios and chipset drivers updated to the latest version)

Dule951

Reputable
Jul 23, 2016
Hi,

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVBO17BIFFo