Question Rtx 2060 GPU in scar 2 not being detected anymore

bochiman25

Honorable
Jul 24, 2017
Hi all,

I am having issues with my graphics card in the ASUS Scar II GL504GV, it was working perfectly one day and then whilst playing World of Warcraft I would get an error saying "Warcraft unable to start 3d acceleration" the game would crash and then fans would ramp up to full, the next time I would try open wow it would be using onboard graphics, then I would have to restart the computer and the same thing would continuously happen until the computer just stopped detecting the RTX 2060. I tried completely resetting the computer, now the graphics card is not even detected and I cannot see it in the device manager, I cannot even install a NVidia graphics driver as the computer doesn't believe the card exists (The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware).

Has the graphics card just suddenly died? or is it possibly a software thing? the computer is only a year old.

any help would be much appreciated.

thank you

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age (1 year?) condition?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and informational events that preceded or correspond with the crashes and stoppages.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

bochiman25

Honorable
Jul 24, 2017
Thanks for respond I appreciate it, the system is a laptop scar II 1.5 years old with these specs:

Intel Coffee Lake Core i7-8750H, six-core

Intel HD 630 and Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060

16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz (single dimm)

256 GB SSD M.2 80 mm NVMe

As for errors I will have to check if the logs still exist as I have done a wipe of the computer hoping to fix the issue, but as for what I can tell you is whilst playing World of Warcraft I would get an error saying "Warcraft unable to start 3d acceleration" the game would crash and then fans would ramp up to full and it would then change to onboard graphics card. This came out of no where as there were no prior issues at all and it wasn't like the computer was getting hot as it just happened after turning it on. After doing a full reset of windows the dedicated graphics could not be found anywhere even in bios

Dust has been cleaned out.

Thanks again I will post any logs if they still exist once I get home

Thanks again