[SOLVED] Rtx 2060 graphics card help

Jan 14, 2020
Hi folks,

I'm currently upgrading my rig as it hasn't had one since being built and I need some help.

I'm upgrading my graphics card from a Gtx 670 to a Rtx 2060 but I've came up against some problems. I've since installed the new card but it gets to the bios screen and then windows but it doesn't load windows just gives me the continuous loading wheel. I've since taken out that gpu and got a replacemt sent since I assumed it was doa. I've used DDU to fully uninstall all my drivers as well but still nothing.

The other parts to my Pc are
I7 3820
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4
Pcu corsair TX750M
Moniter Acer G226HQL

I've also checked to see if the parts are compatible with pcpartscheck and it says it should all be compatible with each other.

Could anyone please help as I'm stuck and not sure what to do I've tried and asked around elsewhere but got nowhere I've contacted gigabyte tech support but they didn't really help 😔.

If anyone could help it would be really appreciated thanks 😊.

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020
You did not change anyting else with the gpu? Like new peripherals?

The fact that it's loading, and it gives screen says me that the gpu isn't the issue. Maybe it's using another hdd/ssd where an old version of windows is installed? Would be very weird tho. Go into bios and check if it starts with the right SSD/HDD.

Otherwise reinstall windows (from usb, change boot option in bios) and that should fix it.

Unless other people here have a better option. There are ways to get into safe mode, but that depends on mobo etc.

Jan 14, 2020
Hey Swarzenegger

Yeah nothing else new with the gpu that's the only thing that is new. I've only got windows 10 installed on my C drive nothing on my secondary drive so it shouldn't be trying to boot another version of windows as far as I know.
Apart from the bios booting issue can you think of any other issues there might be worth checking like compatability issues or something.

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020
If it would be ram/gpu/cpu, you should be able to load into windows, or you shouldn't have any screen at all.

Just changing the gpu and this happening is very weird, maybe a cable disconnected while your case was open? Try to make sure everything is still as it should be. It could be a SSD problem.

Now I think of it, it could be a nvidia drive issue.

May I ask how you where able to use DDU when you can't get past the loading screen?

But yeah a lot of things could be happening here. Your CMOS battery could be almost empty, certain USB dongles can cause this issue, RAM not seated in properly... but for most of those cases, the pc won't turn on or even just crash.

But because the problem happend after installing a new gpu I am not sure.

Try to get into safe mode and do a system restore. (F8 or F11 in post screen iirc)

If that doesn't fix it try a DDU in safe mode and install the correct driver for your gpu (through USB if you can't get it to boot).

Jan 14, 2020
I used DDU while the previous gpu was installed. Yeah I have no idea what it could be. But yeah atm with the new graphics card installed I can't even get onto windows let alone safe mode 😔. Also I've looked around my case and as far as I can tell everything is plugged in properly and secure.

I used DDU while the previous gpu was installed. Yeah I have no idea what it could be. But yeah atm with the new graphics card installed I can't even get onto windows let alone safe mode 😔. Also I've looked around my case and as far as I can tell everything is plugged in properly and secure.

Does it work fine with the old video card? Did you check for a newer BIOS for the motherboard?

Jan 14, 2020
Yeah annoyingly windows has gone on me today 😔 so I'm currently resetting my computer luckily I didn't have anything saved on there. This happened when I turned the pc on with the old graphics card installed.

Yeah after a thorough check I have found that the new gpu and motherboard are compatible but I was still getting no windows output with the new card 😔. How would I go about updating the Bios?

Yeah annoyingly windows has gone on me today 😔 so I'm currently resetting my computer luckily I didn't have anything saved on there. This happened when I turned the pc on with the old graphics card installed.

Yeah after a thorough check I have found that the new gpu and motherboard are compatible but I was still getting no windows output with the new card 😔. How would I go about updating the Bios?

Use your old card, download the BIOS update from the motherboard vendor's support site, nothing fancy there, same as any other update.

TRENDING THREADS