[SOLVED] RTX 2060 issues

aocon62

Prominent
Sep 19, 2018
I installed my RTX 2060 yesterday and ever since been getting weird issues. The first game I booted up, BFV, had really bad performance. Like, 40- 80 fps at 1080p ultra, no ray tracing. the funny part as well was in the settings, the option to enable ray tracing was completely absent from the settings. I scoured all settings but can't find it with latest Nvidia drivers. The other games I tried were the same performance (except Rainbow 6 siege) as my last card the gtx 1060. I figured that because I forgot to uninstall my past video drivers before install, It must be the reason why my card is so bad. I used DDU and followed it for a clean uninstall of drivers. No change. Still no ray tracing features in BFV, still crappy fps. I talked to gibabyte but they just told me they can't help me and told me to ask the place i bought it from. My system is i5 8400 and 16 gigs of ram, I see no reason that this should BN. Maybe I am just stupid, but can someone help me? I am running out of options now.

Solution
try it with chrome completely closed off.

also if you suspect its CPU related, install latest chipset driver and update your MB the latest bios.

aocon62

Prominent
Sep 19, 2018

Ok, I found this for my mobo. https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/TUF-B360-PRO-GAMING-WI-FI/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Do I just download it?